Chengdu has dozens of new millionaires, Asia’s biggest building, 1. fancy new hotels. But for tourists like me, pandas are 2. (it) top 3. （attract）.
So it was a great honour 4. (invite) backstage at the not-for-profit Panda Base, where ticket money 5. (help) pay for research, I 6. （allow） to get up close 7. these cute animals at the 600-acre centre. From tomorrow, I will be their UK ambassador. The title will be 8. （official） given to me at
9. ceremony in London. But my connection 10. pandas goes back11.my days on a TV show in the mid-1980s, 12. I was the first Western TV reporter 13. （permit）to film a special unit 14. (care) for pandas 15. (rescue) from 16. (starve) in the wild. My ambassadorial duties will include17. （introduce）British visitors to the 120-plus pandas at Chengdu 18. others at a research in the misty mountains of Bifengxia.
19. my recent visit, I help 20. lively three-month-old twin
21. had been rejected by 22. （it）mother. The nursery team
23. (switch) him every few 24. (day) with his sister so that
25. one is being bottle-fed, 26.other is with mum-she never